show your heart

Jun 15, 2009

I pretty much just wanted to do this...so I am. My blog. My rules.

Instructions: "with as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess."

Picture:
this is like my life dream. a room overflowing with books.

Poem:
(I'll preface this with the fact that poetry is often lost on me...but this is longstanding my favorite poem. i love e.e. and his strange punctuation and hatred of capitals.)

i carry your heart with me --e.e. cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


Song:

You Belong With Me--Taylor Swift.
It's pretty much the story of my life, but I love how she describes it.


Quote:

Item of Clothing:

I'm pretty much always happy if I'm in sweats (especially cropped ones) ... and DEFINITELY if they're BYU related.

Place:
the house in the milf.

Disney Princess:
(this one was a toss up. i heart sleeping beauty {i think she's gorgeous} but i LOVE ariel, and prince eric is a HOTTIE.)
plus you can't go wrong with a boy who falls in love with your voice so much he's looked everywhere for you...and finds you in a old crinkly sail and still loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Okay...so posting is a good way for you to let you feelings out, and reading your posts is a good way for me to find out what your Dad is too stingy to tell me.

    Mikaela's talk included you in it. She is awesome. She is struggling with mean-girls and becoming a young woman. I see in her so much of you and it makes me sigh. I hope she kind find her place like you did.

    I less-than-3-you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love this tag! Your heart is gorgeous!

    And we love the same poem! I put that on mine!!

    Thank you for your sweet words on my last post...you are such a doll!

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...