Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

May 25, 2015


{via}

At the close of this Memorial Day -- I'm thinking about this country that I love and the people who protect my freedom.

I'm thinking about the men and women who sign up -- knowing it's not easy, knowing it's scary, knowing they're putting their lives at risk, and knowing it's worth it because they love America.

I'm thinking about the women who let their husbands go off to war, or basic training, or another far-away duty, because they know what he is doing serves all of us. I'm thinking about the children who kneel to pray each night, hoping that their soldier mom, or sailor dad, or Marine uncle will return home to them safely.

I'm thinking about those whose hearts stop each time they hear a knock at the door -- wondering if today is the day.

I'm thinking about those who have live through that day. Who live every day missing someone, aching for someone, loving someone not by their side. Those who raise children, go on with their day to day lives, return to an empty bed each night -- because they shared the person they love with all of us.

Words could never express the gratitude I have in my heart for the members of our armed forces and their indomitable families and friends.

Thank you for your service. Thank you for the love you have for our country. Thank you for risking your life so that mine can be so wonderful.

Thank you.

“Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.”
                                                        -President Harry S. Truman


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...