A Compilation of Random Thoughts

Apr 30, 2012

My head is kind of all over the place all the time lately.
So I thought I'd bring y'all on into my craziness.


1. Check this little lady out! Isn't she gorgeous?! My sister definitely got the better genes of the two of us. Tall, thin, gorgeous and smart and talented to boot. Example: She went in for districts this past weekend on her violin and got a freaking MEDAL, and a first chair spot. I want to be her when I grow up. Also, she dominates at the violin, making all the rest of us look bad.


2. I got my first taste of Autzen stadium this weekend. It. Was. Awesome. It's honestly the biggest college stadium I've ever been in (and I've been in a few), and it gets loud when fans get loud. I had such a fun time with Pat scoping out all the new talent and just enjoying some fun football in the sun. Man, I love football.

3. I just love getting to spend some downtime with Pat. That's it. I just really love him and love to spend time with him.

4. Um, so I think I like golf. Which is difficult for me to say. I used to make so much fun of my dad for watching golf on the weekend (partially because his version of "watching" involved more sleeping than paying attention), but just a few weeks back there I was, sitting on the couch, enthralled (for. real.) with the Masters. Golf is way more intense and calculated than I ever noticed or gave it credit for. Well played, Golf Channel, well played. Now I willingly watch it with Pat when that's what he's wanting to do.


5. Can we discuss how GORGEOUS Oregon is for just one second? This has NO Instagram filter on it -- this is just how the sky looks. Sigh. I really love this state, especially when it's sunny. Speaking of which, I am LOVING that lately the weekends have been sunshiney and warm. My life, mood, and productivity show marked improvement when the sun is out. I seriously got a whole 3 loads of laundry done and put away this weekend (as opposed to the 3 weeks it's taken me before).


6. I've become that girl. The one who scopes out coupons in the paper and actively works to save some moolah at the checkout counter. I figure why not, right? Now I just need someone to teach me the mega-couponing ways and we'll all be good. I would love to be one of those people who can get $100 worth of food for $10.

7. Kim Kardashian wants to be mayor of Glendale, CA. Mayor. Really? While I believe we are a government by the people and for the people, I'd just like someone who's more aware of how city government works to be in charge. I mean, in her quest to be mayor "five years from now" she should have done her research: Glendale doesn't elect a mayor, that spot's chosen by the city council. I'm not even saying she's unqualified, she runs multiple companies, keeps herself in the spotlight, and has a spectacular PR team. Plus she's got that L.A. Armenian voted locked down. I just think she should probably know a bit more about how things work before she tries that. Also, Kanye? Really? You're much to pretty for that, Kim.

8. In other celebrity news, I'm quickly becoming a HUGE fan of Giuliana Rancic. After a medical procedure a few weeks ago (I'm fine, no worries), I sat and watched her E! True Hollywood Story and 4 episodes of Giuliana & Bill and I love them. She got her masters in Broadcast Journalism at the school I wished I could have afforded to go to (American University), and truly worked her way up the chain. I respect that a lot. Plus she's had a brutal card dealt to her in the past few years, so I was SUPER excited this week to see that she and Bill are finally going to have a baby!

9. My birthday is just one month away. And even though I'm not, like, eight-years-old I still get ridiculously excited for it. Not even for presents or anything like that, just because it's my day and it's something that's special to me. Also, French Toast.

10. SPEAKING OF WHICH: two of my Provo food favorites are coming to Eugene!! Noodles and Co. opens this week and Kneaders' website says it's opening a place here! UM. YES, PLEASE! Kneaders has the best restaurant french toast of my life. OF MY LIFE. Mmmmm. My mouth is already watering thinking about it.

How have you been lately?

1 comment:

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...