we're as close as the vena cava and the aorta!

Sep 3, 2009

So I leave you with this thoughtful post on Monday ... and my week took a suckerpunch right after that. So I figured you really didn't want to listen to my wench-tastic, angsty whining (I didn't want to listen to it).

So instead of whining about how stupid my life has been lately.
I'm taking this chance to release some good karma into the world.


I LOVE THAT MEGAN IS HERE.
In Oregon. And we're meeting up tonight to spend an entire weekend of best friend adventurous fun together. It's been too long since I've seen her--and I can't wait to see her!!!!!!

I love Diet Coke. (Big Surprise, right?!) Breakfast of champions, my friends.

I love my parents. I love the fact that they stand behind me when I can't handle the drama, the worry, or the frustrations of being an adult.

I love my new shoes. They're red and gorgeous and for the life of me I cannot get my phone to correlate with twitter so I'll just have to show you later.

I love that my roommate calls me Tiny Dynamo ... or just Dynamo. It cracks me up. It all started over the fact that well.. I'm... vivacious. I'm quite spirited and tend to do everything with extra umph... hence the dynamo.

I love that I get to be crafty!!! We were debating what to do about a message board or something in our kitchen--and I looked at the Pottery Barn catalog ... and fell in love with this:

And then I realized one of my favorite bloggers loved it too!!!


picture via or-so-i-feel.blogspot.com
(which actually made me feel even better about my choice.)
I'm excited to get started on it.

I love good friends who put up with my craziness/my emotional rollercoaster self this past week, and continue to be good humored about the fact that I'm slowly going insane and seem to be bent on taking them with me.

I love my BYU professors who taught me so much about producing and about how a newsroom works so that I came to my job prepared for the task at hand.

I love my past for teaching me how to deal with people in my present.

I'm grateful that my dad taught me to stand up for myself, and when I see something wrong--to do my best to right it.

I loved pirate day. I wish we did theme days more often. I mean, I wish I made us have them more often.

Me and Katie.
We both look like lunatics. And sick ones at that.
(pardon the cell phone photography .. it gives me pan face.)

I love that I have a rental car this weekend after this whole Stolen Car Debaucle. Here's to hoping it's something good!

I LOVE that college football is back!! YAY!! And my boys have a killer game this weekend against Oklahoma. GO COUGARS!

I love my whole set of new headbands. I've always been a headband fantatic --and it just keeps getting worse. I'm also grateful that my mom taught me to take okay looking things ... and make them beautiful by using my own creative brain ... and some well honed crafty skill and elbow grease.

I'm grateful that I've finally cleaned my room AND that I finally finished hanging things up on my walls. It's only taken me 2 months. Hahah. (Mom, I'll get you some pictures!)

I hope you're all having a LOVELY day. (Mine's getting better.)
XOXO.


p.s. tiny vindictive note. dear wench faccias, i wish i could hit you with my car. really. you're not as sneaky as you think you are. and you're really not better than the rest of us. kthanks!

6 comments:

  1. oh, but diet coke IS the breakfast of champions! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love the besties. mine is in africa at the moment:) but she is going to be back for christmas and we will be dressed like pirates and drinking lots of dt. coke!

    so glad you had a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um loving the pirate gaarrrrb (pun intended).

    and I like you even when you go wench-tastic on your blog. That is all.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. that board thing is such a great amazing idea!!! i want to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabina@darkshorestudio.comSeptember 3, 2009 at 10:58 PM

    Homie, i love you for being so awesomely patient, giving and creative when it came to teaching me the ins and outs of producing! I bet you came to appreciate your BYU teachers while painfully watching me struggle with a tiny rundown. :) I swear I had great teachers, too... but I focused on documentary in college, instead of news, because I thought i want to "make movies" for a living. :) Which I still do, it's just that I fell in love with news when I started work as a PA here.

    Anyways, I am super thankful for how awesome you've been with me! You have inspired me - and to me, inspiration is one of the best gifts ever! You have inspired me to come to work prepared for the task at hand :) be nice and helpful to those around, have patience, be flexible, and laugh until it hurts! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will definitely pass it on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those message boards are really cool! and whenever i drink diet coke with lime, i know that someone up there loves be because it is seriously the best everrr.

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...