ive met some young hearts with something to prove...

Jul 21, 2009

in yesterdays post i said these words: "remember, in this case, it's all about the music--not the words."
"You know I've got this theory; there are two kinds of people in the world. There are lyric people and music people.
You know, the lyrics people tend to be analytical. You know, all about the meaning of the song. They're the ones you see with the CD insert out five minutes after buying it, p o u r i n g over the lyrics, interpreting the [heck] out of everything.
Then there's the music people...who could care less for the lyrics as long as its just got, like, a good beat and you could dance to it. I don't know, sometimes it might be easier to be a music girl and not a lyric girl.
But since I'm not, let me just say this: sometimes things find you when you need them to find you. I believe that. And for me it's usually song lyrics."
--Peyton, One Tree Hill (don't judge)--
i LOVE music.
[in the interest of full honesty a combination of a great melody and great words can make me giddy like a schoolgirl...]
a rockin beat can compel me out of a chair and into frantic dancing on the dance floor, a good song causes a montage of moments inside my head, i sing incessantly in the shower, hum/sing alllllllll day long at work, and play several instruments.
but still. my friends, i am a lyrics girl.

i am passionately in love with words.
the written word. the spoken word.
{and, sometimes, even the unspoken ones.}

as a child i was the nerdy girl with her nose always in a book. in fourth grade my teacher began bringing books from home for me to read because i'd read our class reading assignments too quickly. my sixth grade english teacher began a book club with me so i could read more books and read ones not assigned to the class in general. in high school i took seven english classes (thanks block scheduling!). i majored in journalism and minored in english in college. mmmm. the smell of new books is more comforting than apple pie.

has a song ever sent your heart into a frenzy?
there are so many songs whose words alone conjure up feelings and memories so strong, they almost knock me off my feet.
"Hello you long-shots, you dark horse runners/ Hair brush singers, dash-board drummers/ Hello you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom./ There's a little bit of all that inside of me and you,/ Thank God even crazy dreams come true."
mmmmmmmm....

3 comments:

  1. haha, quoting peyton... oh my. Love One Tree Hill. I can't decide if I'm a lyrics girl or not... because they're are tons of songs that I listen to because of the music. But at the same time... if I were to write a song I would be able to bust out lyrics in a minute... but writing the music would be basically impossible. Hmmm... interesting, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I want to meet Jewish boy. he sounds intriguing. mazel tov!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I write something really obscene in my comment, are you going to deny it publication? Something obscene like The U of U has a better chess team than BYU?

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...