Find me a find, catch me a catch...

Jul 3, 2009

I am a matchmaker.
Seriously, though.
I've set up at least 7 couples (I'm super selective about when I set people up).
6 of whom have gotten married.
Let's take this one step further.
I'm also the roommate-marrier-offer.
At BYU--27 roommates: 13 got married either while living with me or just a few short months after.

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
I can't control my own love life, but I can manage to better others'.

My latest "victory":


The lovely Kellie and her rad husband Brady
(or as we call him Brady-Quinn-Liar-Face (long story)).
They got married today.

These two, I think, are my favorite couple I've set up.

Brady

He was in my ward, we were window buddies, we were in the same FHE group and became fast friends as a result.
Kellie
This girl, on the other hand, was a girl after my own soul.
She and I worked, played, laughed and panic-attacked together in the BYU Newsroom.
(Few experiences forge friendships like those found in that newsroom.)
And K is my yoasis partner in crime. Dang I miss that stuff.

One day, during one of our many post-show chats, Kellie and I were bonding over our miserable love lives when she looked at me and said, "Got any hot, tall friends you could set me up with?" (Kellie is 5'11") I thought for a second, suggested a friend (who it turns out she'd already been out with), and then gasped and suggested Brady.

Well, they met one night when Kellie came over and she, Megan and I went hot tubbing.
Brady saw us, came to chat, they began flirting and Megan and I decided to bow out.
She ended up pushing Brady in the pool fully clothed.
And the rest is history.

I love them both and wish them all the luck, love, happiness and laughter this life can bring.

9 comments:

  1. you are a match maker! maybe.... just maybe you could set yourself up with someone!lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Way! Brady just got married? Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmm hellloooo....ME ME ME!!!

    (Just sayin. I need some HELP)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, that was super selfish of me! haha CONGRATS to your friends!

    AND I'm a loser, I thought I was following you, but apparently not so much-I blame blogger, he hates me. Anyway, I fixed it...let the stalking begin, sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for a Fiddler on the Roof reference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Brady and kellie was all YOU!?
    I love that!!!
    6/7 is a great percentage. Me next. I've got your back too girlfriend xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! What a gorgeous couple!

    So um, come be roommates with EM and me! Yeah? Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute couple!! Great job!!

    :)

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...