late night date night

Aug 4, 2011

My boyfriend spent the weekend being an awesome handyman and helping his dad paint the exterior of the house (it's a multi-weekend project). Because he's incredible and helpful and such a good guy, I was left to my own entertaining devices. You might think this'd mean I finally would hang hangers in my closet instead of just living out of my laundry baskets like I did in high school (which drove my mom NUTS. hi mom!).

If you thought that, you were, sadly, wrong. In my defense that was my plan for a good chunk of my Saturday which ended up being spent at work on what was thought to be breaking news and then ended up being crapola.

Anyway, because my hottie mc hott hott boy was tired out of his wits and I was hanging out with myself, I took myself on a date. Oh yeah. And let me tell you, I know how to treat a lady. haha.

Since I love y'all I documented some of it so you can see just how big of a nerd/weirdo/peculiar little lady I am.

I started out going grocery shopping. I wandered full of aim and excitement (payday will do that). I grabbed my bookshelf, crap tons of food, some makeup, conditioner and some new basketball shorts.

Classy, I know. 

I treated myself to a manicure care of Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail strips. I'm obsessed now. Look how cool they are!! (You'll see what I mean by obsessed coming up.)

After that I made myself a relatively fancy dinner of shrimp scampi in linguini and cracked open a cold Diet Coke.

After dinner it was the movie portion of the date, naturally. Mine consisted of Psych (can't get enough) and some Oreos for dessert. 

 
Then I gathered my reading materials, and admired my awesome nails some more. (I want to buy 10 more packs of these, people. I hate disappointing nail polish like fat kids hate Kashi. This stuff does not disappoint.)

I finished off the night with a scalp massage, okay, okay, I just played with my hair a bunch. And an ice cold glass of Simply Lemonade which I cannot get enough of. This stuff is LEGIT.

All in all, I had a pretty good time. Good thing I'm good company, otherwise I'd be in big trouble.

Also, Sally Hansen and Simply Lemonade, wanna fund my obsessions? Kthanks.


xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. Those nails look awesome! I'm gonna have to check that out!

    P.S. You're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and I love your new layout! Very crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First things first - how have I not read your blog until now?!?! Second things second - I almost peed a little when I read this little gem: "I hate disappointing nail polish like fat kids hate Kashi." hahaha!

    So fun to read up on your life my dear. If you need me I'll be reading old posts on here for a while...I've gotta catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um let me know if you get the funding from SL. I;m obsessed with that stuff!!!!

    YOUR NAILS ARE SO SO CUTE! you should do a nail painting demo. mine never look that good!

    Ps love the TV :)

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...