grand torino style

Jul 4, 2011

It's 4th of July weekend.
This, inevitably, means festive fireworks and fun to be had by all.
Surely, I know this.

I. love. fireworks.
I wait all year to watch them and I get so excited.
I love when the 4th is on a weekend because that means there are generally several days of fireworks from various celebrations, etc.

BUT
DO NOT LIGHT THEM OFF NEAR MY CAR.

In a slightly Grand Torino-esque manner I totally just yelled at a bunch of teenagers outside my house.

Yep. Not because they were having too much fun (by all means kids, enjoy your youth while you can), not because they were too loud (they were), not because it was late (11:45pm, yeah, that's late), not even because their fireworks were illegal (which they were, based upon size alone)...but because they were lighting off their massive and, clearly, illegal, fireworks TWO LITERAL FEET FROM MY CAR.

My still-being-payed-off car.

The one I still owe several thousand dollars on. 
(Note: this week, I've paid off one year of my car!)
The one that if damaged in any way will require me to sell both kidneys, a lung and my firstborn.

So, yeah, my house is likely to get egged at some point (Sorry Jill!)...but kids; 
GET OFF MY LAWN.

1 comment:

  1. i can't remember if you watch "how i met your mother" but we are addicted so...
    ted: "yell at neighborhood kids? MY PLEASURE!" (the murtaugh list) HAHAHAHAHA.
    (sorry if this didn't make sense to you.)

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...