where's your newest happy place?

Jul 15, 2011

Okay, I know I don't talk a lot about work on here, and that's usually on purpose.
Part of it is because this is my little space on the interwebs, partially because I have a policy of never putting anything on the internet that I can't get back, and some of it is because the nature of my job is not always happy-go-lucky content-wise.

Today is one of those days.
The story about the little boy from Brooklyn murdered heartlessly and horrifically continues to haunt me -- long after I've left work.
(If you want to read it you can find it under these two links, but if you want to stay happy and believe the world is all awesome butterflies, unicorns and sunshine...don't.)

I am so heartbroken over this story.
It's not often I get teary-eyed over content that goes into my show, but this is one story that struck a major chord in my heart. It's stories like this which make me terrified to ever leave my house. I just don't understand how someone could do that. I'm outraged, angered, and so very sad for Leiby's family.

So in my quest to remember that there are butterflies, unicorns and rainbows in the world -- here are a few of my favorite things/things I love lately:

Um, grilled cheese always.
Also Philadelphia cream cheese. I loveeee cream cheese.

The beach (I got to go this past weekend with Pat and it was INCREDIBLE).
Oh, I'm all about the word Incredible lately.
Aloe, too
Costco Frozen Yogurt
My $8 Target hoodie. It's seriously my favorite clothing right now.
Ron Swanson

My new phone (faaaancy, right?). I freaking love it.
Tweeting! Come tweet me -- there's a button right over there. --->

My new house. Seriously my friend Jill hooked.me.up. I love living in a house again.
Taco Bell cherry limeade. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's AWESOME.
Trolling home design blogs. I'm OBSESSED.
My friend and former roommate Heather who leaves me so much love and always when I need it most!

This song. Makes me all sentimental. Makes me homesick, too...because someday soon my Massachusetts house will be someone else's home.

And this adorable picture of Pat and me.

What's making you happy?
Leave me some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...