fact check. fact? check!

Feb 7, 2011

I'm still alive.
My home computer is broken (again)...but I don't have internet in my apartment yet, anyway...so yeah.
I'm in my new place -- and I'm so grateful to be out of that awful situation.

Also, how about that Super Bowl? I'm kinda shocked the Packers came back and won it all ... but good for them! They needed a Favre-free title for sure.

I also have a bit of a Case of the Mondays...so I'm stealing Lacey's {/Leigh Ashley's supposed-to-be-Wednesday} writing prompt to get my creative juices flowing.


So I present: 
Things You Probably Never Needed to Know About Me But Now Will

{one} what was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Favorite? Oh man, I'm not sure I can pick just one. I was a HUGE fan of the TGIF lineup -- Full House, Step By Step, Family Matters...I also LOVED Saved By The Bell (Zach Morris...be still my heart).

{two} what song always makes you happy when you hear it?

The Beatles--Here Comes the Sun

{three} do you still have your wisdom teeth?
Thankfully, no. Those things were a huge pain in my...mouth. Actually they were so impacted that when they started doing my x-rays they realized that they were much worse than they'd thought and that they'd have to break parts (yes multiple parts) of my lower jaw to get the bottom two out. It was one of the most unpleasant things I've ever endured.

{four} what is your go to way to relax?
Sometimes a bubble bath. But usually some music, a magazine, my sweats, and the blazer blanket.

{five} do you play any instruments?
Two. Piano and the flute. Though I remember very little of the flute.

{six} nude beaches: yes or no?
Um. If you'd like to be on a nude beach goforit. But for me--nah.

{seven} do you chew your pens/pencils?
Mostly clicky pens. Weird, right? I click them on, and then chew on the loose top. I'm a nutcase, I know.

{eight} can you change the oil in your car?
I can do a lot of things car-maintenance-y...but changing my own oil isn't one of them.

{nine} can you curl your tongue?
Yep! I can fold it into a clover, too.

{ten} can you knit or crochet?
I can knit...but I can't crochet to save my freaking life.
I'm a pro at knitted potholders...but that's about it.

{eleven} have you ever been on tv?
Um, several times. I was a Broadcast Journalism student and work in TV.
But here, my friend, I have a present for you.
From my VERY FIRST STORY EVER...as a mere 19-year-old college student.


(This is stuff I never show ANYONE.)
But yes, it aired on LIVE Television...as did all my other stuff. Woot.

{twelve} what was the best movie you saw last year?
Um, I'm not quite sure. I think I saw 4 movies in the theater in all of last year. But I'd have to say Salt. A lot of people didn't like it, but I LOVED it. (And I don't usually like Angelina Jolie.) I thought it was intriguing and contained a lot of plot twists that I, truly, didn't expect.

{thirteen} do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
I don’t sleep with a top sheet. I always end up getting tangled in it at night and kicking and thrashing until it's off me...and, subsequently, off the bed.

{fourteen} do you cut coupons?
I'm starting. I'm looking to save money and stick more to a budget (my resolution/a necessity)...so I'm starting to.

{fifteen} do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Sometimes. But more often I have to get in the same cadence as the people walking closest to me in order to be in the same rhythm. Again, I know I'm a nutjob.

{sixteen} what sauce do you dip your chicken nuggets in?
Ranch and/or BBQ. Always and forever.
{seventeen} do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Actually, yes. I have a subscription to Glamour. It's just about the only girly magazine I consistently like. I used to have one to Newsweek, but didn't renew it.
{eighteen} when was the last time you wrote a letter on paper?
Last week! Shockingly, enough.

{nineteen} what’s your favorite fruit pie?
Razzleberry or Apple. I'm a HUGE pie person. I always have Birthday pie, not cake. 

{twenty} black olives or green olives?
Black. And the jumbo ones, preferably.

Happy Monday, friends.

xoxo.

5 comments:

  1. Cool story! And funny thing about top sheets...when we went to Europe we never had them as an option in our hotels and I thought it was so weird and (I don't know why) dirty! But the more and more people I talk to that like this idea have sorta started to make me change my mind about it. Sorry, that was kinda random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news clip! You've been such a pro from the beginning.

    Also, I LOVED LOVED Salt too. Can't wait for the sequel (trilogy?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked your blog in like a month! It's like I missed you and I didn't even know it. Weird, right?

    Anyway, you're the cutest!! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute news clip! I don't know why it would make you cringe. I think you did a great job. Now, a certain lost video documenting an interpretive dance to Clay Aiken's "Invisible" . . . I can see why that might be cringe worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhhhhhhhhh you're so so cute in your 19yearoldness!!! you should blog more often.... i miss hearing from you!!

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...