The Non-Holiday Holiday Weekend

Sep 8, 2011

I was standing in line earlier thinking, "I should blog."
Then I started to contemplate what I should blog about. "My life is so boring," I thought to myself, "no one wants to read about the little things that are going on with me."

Then I realized THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE HERE TO READ.
You're not here for profound thinking, indelible perfection, or just for anecdotes.
You're here for me.

And that, my friends, is AWESOME.

So here it is, some details about my life/weekend.
This weekend I got to watch so much football!
I woke up on Saturday, grabbed some cereal, and hunkered down in front of the couch. I caught most of the USC/Minnesota game, all but the last 5 minutes (which ESPN cut off) of the BYU/Ole Miss game (go Cougars!), and all of Oregon/LSU game.
During this my roommate Jill walked in the room and said, "you watch sports?" "Yeah, a lot." "Wow. Never thought that...thought you were too girly."
I get that a lot, surprisingly. I never considered myself particularly girly.

During my TV vegetation (I made sure to get up and walk around so I wasn't just on my butt all day) a promo for a new show came on...and freaked me out.
I was standing with my back to the TV getting some lemonade when I heard this:

What the heck?! Oh yeah, I forgot to note that at first I thought someone had suddenly started narrating my life a la Stranger Than Fiction.
Nope, just a weird new TV show.

Sunday I got called into work. I managed to sneak in an hour of church and then head to the newsroom. And Monday I also got to work. News never stops is what I'm told. I really wish it would take a holiday, mostly so I get to, as well.

So that's pretty much how my weekend went.
OH! And I got a puppy stalker. Jill was puppy-sitting a cute little Schnauzer named Mozart. He was weirdly attached to me, sitting watching me watch TV, watching me sit on my bed, and anytime I moved he'd get all riled up. Probably didn't help much that I ran around the house playing with him...haha.


How was your weekend?

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. haha I was going to tell you about that show!!! she had a big story in my entertainment weekly and I TOTALLY thought of you!!! you should watch it... i think you would love it. it actually sounds decent. plus how many shows do YOU know that have your name (why do you think I watched 7th heaven??)??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Stranger Than Fiction comment. I laughed out loud, and I'm completely alone. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...