connect four? or connect for?

Jul 25, 2011

One of my favorite friends Cheri asked me the other day if I have a Pinterest.
I do now! 
As soon as I saw her question I thought, "I need one of these."

So I signed up.
And I really like it. It's fun, user friendly, and heck my interior decor board is INSANE at this point. 
 But the more I browsed the more I thought, "do I really need another internet application?"

I started to think of all the ways I'm SO connected now.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, really, but sometimes it is a little overwhelming just how many places people can find you.
Cell phones, Email, G-Chat, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Pinterest, We Heart It, Digg, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Readers, etc.
All of it.
There.
For you to find people and for people to find YOU.

It makes me think of my dear Liz Lemon: "There are so many ways for a boy to not call you these days!"

Or the (awful) movie He's Just Not That Into You:
"I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting."
{Thank goodness I'm not out in the single dating world.}

So in this mess of connectivity are we too connected?
Or just connected enough?

I don't really have the answer.
On one hand it makes it nearly impossible to stay anonymous or to not have a way that someone somewhere can find you (unless you have a crazy name ... like mine); even when you don't want them to. 
But on the other hand, I'm so thankful for the internet because it enables me to keep in touch {as terrible as I am at it} with people I care about and miss. It's reconnected me with people I adore. It let me Skype my little brother in Nicaragua on Mothers' Day. It's allowed me to meet people like Gabby, Lauren, Krista, Liz, Krysten and Summer (and many more).

Regardless, my friends ... I'm connected. I do unconnect every now and then, but for now I'm embracing it.
So if you want to find me:
{pictures are linked}

Email me!
{Those of you that have my primary email, continue using that one.}

Or come find my face!

You could tweet me (is that correct vernacular?)!

Or pin me down.


Or if ya like, just find my little rantings and ravings right here.
Come connect! 

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I for one am glad you're on Pinterest because it's super fun to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? You mean to tell me that you don't LOVE "He's Just Not That Into You"?? It's probably in my top 10 favorite movies ever. :)

    And I've kind of wanted to get a Pinterest account too... Get out of my head! JK :) xo

    ReplyDelete

i've said my piece, now you get to say yours...